Thursday, April 16, 2009

"Asher. Hug."

On Monday we welcomed Joseph's newest cousin, Asher, into the family.



I went to bed Sunday night sure that I would have a new nephew when I woke up, but it took a little longer than expected: my super tough sister Lindsey got this guy out after 17 1/2 hours of labor and 4 1/2 hours of pushing. Whew! He was 8'3", even though ten days early. His cheeks (like Joseph's) must account for a lot of that weight.

We get to meet him in person in a month. For now, Joseph likes looking at pictures of him, and tonight I showed him a picture and he said, "Asher. Hug." So I'm sure Asher can look forward to lots of affection when we visit next month!

8 comments:

Lindsey Bench said...

Joseph. Hug. Love.

Crystal said...

He is so beautiful! He reminds me a little of Joseph when he was first born with the dark hair and dark complexion (which has since gone away - not surprisingly since he has two ghost white parents). I am also loving the male domination in the new generation of Whites.

Wee Hotty Scotty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nancy said...

Congrats, Aunt Erin and Uncle Todd. Sam and I can't wait to see you next week!

Again, why won't this thing post just my first name?!

Kiersten White said...

I want a Joseph hug, too.

And now I'm using the right account.

To Love said...

Yay for Lindsey! Her baby is adorable. I hope she is recovering well, especially after 18 hours of labor and an 8 pound baby!

Another boy,too. I know Matt is happy...

patdwhite said...

Ha! I got a Joseph hug on the phone!

Mama White said...

Love my chubby cheeked little grandsons! Can't wait to see Joseph and Asher together.