Friday, December 19, 2008

O Holy Night (Night)

So Joseph and I are eating some lunch. Sometimes, when I want to trick Joseph into eating healthy food, I turn on the television so that he doesn’t question/pour in his lap/toss on the floor what I’m feeding him. (I know, I know. I’m creating bad habits and even worse associations between eating and watching television, but this is a story about Joseph, not my parenting.)

Today I turned on some Christmas concert special, and we happily eat our lunch.

I finish up and start doing some dishes. Meanwhile, Joseph is still eating away. A soloist starts singing “O Holy Night.” Towards the end of the song, every time the singer would sing the word “night” (which happens a lot by the time you get to the end of the song) Joseph would stop chewing and say “Nigh, Nigh” in his sing-song voice that he uses when he puts his toys down to sleep.

I think he thought the soloist was going to bed.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Is it really bad that I am already using the television to get my Joseph to eat? Unless the television is there to focus on, he fights eating or just plays with his food. TV is the only way he eats....and I wouldn't call it eating. More like, I shove food in his mouth the second he opens it and he is too distracted to care.