Friday, May 16, 2008

Watching LOST Makes Us Sad, But Passing the Bar Makes Us Happy

Today, after some days of serious and intense anxiety, we found out that Todd passed the California Bar Exam. Hooray!!!

I am so proud of him. I can't imagine how hard it must have been to try to study while taking care of the baby during the day, and then heading off to the library at night when I got home so that he could study some more. Yuck, yuck, and yuck. But he was a trooper and despite getting into a panic last night about what a "putative spouse" was and why he hadn't written about it on his essays, he will soon actually be an attorney. Which is better than we can say for me.

Our celebration today was low-key. It involved me jumping up and down a WHOLE lot when we first found out, the baby being excited yet confused about all of the commotion, Todd getting Baja Fresh since he hadn't eaten much in a couple of days, and catching up on The Office and Lost. Maybe we'll do something more exciting tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for your support and prayers. And a special thanks to our friend Liz. Liz babysat Joseph a whole bunch in the weeks leading up to the exam so that Todd could study. Seriously, Liz, we don't think he would have passed without the extra study time. You rock!

4 comments:

Kiersten White said...

YAY for Todd! We are so proud of you and happy for you! We knew you'd pass, but it's such a nightmare waiting for the official notice...

HOORAY for Todd!!!

Liz said...

First of all, congratulations to Todd! I was so excited when I heard the news.

Second, you're giving me WAY too much credit here. Seriously. Joseph came to play with my boys. It was just like any other play date for them and I was thrilled to have them occupied with the little guy. It was quite selfish, really. :) Besides, I had a free model for my photography and those are some of the best pictures I've taken to date. I hope you bring him back for more as he grows up. :) I also hope you'll let us watch him for you so you guys can have a real date/celebration. Thanks for the shout-out, Erin. I feel totally famous. :)

CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN, TODD!!

P.S. Can you give that little Joseph a smooch for me on those lovely, chubby cheeks of his? I've been missing them. :)

Lindsey Bench said...

Ha, ha. I also jumped up and down when I found out. Erin taught me so much. Good job Toddy, you're the smartest! We're so happy!

gurrbonzo said...

WAY TO GO, TODD! insert celebratory shimmy.