Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Genesis

I have debated entering the blogdom for some time. At one point I was all set, and I asked Todd to make me a blog. A few minutes later he gave me a word document entitled "Erin's Thoughts," like the "blog" that Ryan made for Creed on "The Office." Hah, hah, hah. So I gave up. But then I decided I wanted a place to chronicle the adventures of my awesome baby, soon-to-be toddler. Because lately, when people ask me things like, "When did he first roll over?" I'm like, "Umm, when he was six months? Or five months? Or something?" And then I realize how terrible my memory is, and how I want to remember all of the cute things he does, and how I don't scrapbook.

So, here we are. I think we're gonna make this thing private, because I am utterly and completely terrified of sexual predators (thanks to the scary cases I have read and dealt with at work). For now we just won't put any identifying information, but if you come across this and want to be a reader, shoot me an email. (I say "we" hoping that Todd will jump on board and make plenty of posts of his own. After all, he is the current primary-care-giver-and-witnesser-of-all-things-Joseph.)

You can thank my mom for the title. She lamented the infiltration of her neighborhood by ex-Californians, only to lose two daughters to Californians and California. Poor lady. But I think it is great to have moved to my childhood vacation spot, and life here is good to us.

No comments: