Monday, November 17, 2008

Old Friends



My good friend Nicole and her husband were in town last weekend. Nicole and I have been friends since the third grade. I had just moved into the area and met her at a slumber party. I thought she seemed like she'd be a good friend but I was really, really shy and didn't dare call her. So my mom called pretending to be me and invited her over.

Looking back on this, I don't know if Nicole or whoever else answered the phone really believed my mom was a nine-year-old girl. Sort of like when I forged a letter to my fourth-grade teacher pretending to be my mom asking him to seat me by a friend (incidentally, Nicole). But unlike the note, which didn't work, the phone call did work. Nicole came over and we played chutes and ladders, rocked on a part of a pasasan chair, and ate cookies. We were friends ever since.

We haven't lived in the same state since we graduated from high school, but everytime I see her we just pick right back up and I love talking with her. We had dinner one night and another night we met them at their hotel, the Hotel Del Coronado, which is right on a beautiful beach.

We didn't expect to swim since it was five p.m. on a November evening, but Joseph had other ideas once he saw the water. So we stripped him down and let him splash.

Warning: this contains a lot of pictures. I was too lazy to cut down.

Frolicking -- and freezing? If he was, he didn't show it.

























Family:







5 comments:

Lindsey Bench said...

You could never have too many pictures of Joseph!!

Kiersten White said...

Can you please ask those two men behind Joseph in the beach pictures to MOVE? I just want to look at Joseph.

I also like the one of the three of you (pre-sunglasses, Todd).

Jamee said...

Cute Pictures!!! I can't believe Todd let him play in cold water! I keep having flash backs of him running out to the slip-n-slide...."what are you doing to my baby." LOL
I love the story about the note you forged. Too funny!!

Dev and Laur said...

oh my gosh. That close up picture of all 3 of you is so beautiful! I have to complain about one thing though...I personally don't think you posted enough pictures! :)

Crystal said...

First, I have heard that story about your mom calling Nicole so many times and it makes me laugh so hard.

Second, I want to come to California. We stayed at Coronado for our 1st anniversary when we visited my brother. We are flying to Albany in January and if Joseph handles the flight well, I am planning a trip out ASAP!