Sunday, September 6, 2009

The Wedding

Last week we flew out to Utah to attend the wedding of our good friends Sam and Nancy.



I think Todd and I would both rank Sam and Nancy's big day as one of the happiest of our own lives. Sam has been a dear friend to Todd for many years, Nancy has also been a good friend since law school, and the two of them are the most perfect, happy couple you will ever see. Also, on a completely selfish note, it was fabulous attending the wedding of people that we introduced because everyone wanted to meet us and thank us. It almost got embarrassing ...

Some of the other thing that made it so great were:

Nancy and Sam are both amazing party planners, so we knew this event was not to be missed. Sam is a professional chef and his boss, one of the best pastry chefs in the country, made the cake:



Joseph got to wear a super cute little outfit since he was part of the wedding party. Unfortunately, he did not cooperate very well with the pictures.





But, hopefully they got some good candids of him running around - he had a really good time.




I don't know who this woman is in the picture, but mostly we took this to show Joseph wandering far off in the background:



Joseph especially enjoyed the live band and dancing. Seriously, he danced for most of the night. Everytime a song would end, he'd get mad and yell, "More music! More singing!" until they started up again, and he'd be back dancing.





Almost as fun as the dancing were the sparklers.



We got to catch up with some law school friends (most of whom we hadn't seen since graduation), and Todd was able to see lots of friends from his mission. Todd and Sam's mission president performed the ceremony and did a lovely job. It reminded us a lot of our own wedding day.





As you can see in this happy picture, all of us (even Joseph!) had a grand time. We are hoping for another inadvertent-but-successful set up soon. Baby #2 is coming in February, so we're thinking maybe he or she can fill Joseph's shoes and facilitate another marriage.

6 comments:

LaurenHoya said...

I have been waiting for this post! Glad you guys had a really good time. And can Joseph please stay this age forever? I want to play with him more while he's still small!

Danielle Dallas said...

Very cute! Too bad, I didn't know you were in town (and Jenn!) or I would have definitely made an effort to see you. Hooray for February babies--we're expecting one ourselves. :-)

Mama White said...

That boy can boogie! I especially loved the boutanierre. So so cute!

Charity said...

I loved the dancing--that is sooo cute!! Congratulations on number 2!

Nancy said...

Oh my gosh, Todd and Erin. I thought all my dreams had already come true when you introduced me to Sam (!!) but now I realize that THIS POST is all my dreams come true. We are so, so glad you were with us on the BIG DAY. I love Joseph. I love his dancing. I love Sam. I love you guys. I love your new baby. Ah, love. love, love, love, Nancy Major

Dev and Laur said...

I can't wait for him to bust out the moves at my reception!