Monday, March 23, 2009

Birthday Swing

Todd got me this for my birthday:



(We used the timer for this picture. We are amazed that we are all looking at the camera and smiling.)


Porch swings have been an important part of me and Todd's relationship. We first started dating during the summer after first year of law school, and I was living at home at the time. We would go to my parent's house to "work," but ended up spending hours and hours on the porch swing, talking and getting to know each other. Even though we got engaged and married *very* quickly, I feel like we really did get to know each other well because we spent so much time together not working, sitting on the porch swing.


It was also on the porch swing that we first told each other we loved each other, and where Todd proposed. So, I am thrilled about having a porch swing in our new home. We've already enjoyed the nice weather out swinging with Joseph, watching him play with other toys out there, and blowing bubbles.

5 comments:

Kiersten White said...

Oh, cute! So perfect.

And the picture is adorable, too ; )

Anonymous said...

Uh, am I the total jerk who saw you today and didn't know it was your birthday? Happy 28 (I assume)!

Lindsey Bench said...

Todd is officially the best gift giver ever.

Mama White said...

I second Lindsey's comment. He is so original and thoughtful! What a great family photo.

Nana said...

Dad said that Todd must have gotten his romantic genes from me, though I think he is not being totally candid
Love Mom/Nana
We loved the family swing picture