Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Visit, a Valentine, and a Sugar High

The other night, my mom and sister were in town and we all went out for pizza. In order to keep Joseph happy in his high chair at the restaurant, I got him some lemonade. We try not to give Joseph juice too often, to avoid spoiling his taste for water; even when we do give him juice, we water it down. Needless to say, he delighted in his pure, unadulterated lemonade, and the wild-child in our ordinarily-mellow little guy came out to play in a sugar-induced high. This the tail end of some wild dancing. It's not quite as wild because he got distracted by the camera, but it gives you an idea starting at ten seconds:



Of course, this was eventually followed by a grouchy crash. But overall, he had a happy time.


And between visitors and Valentine's Day, Joseph has added several new words to his vocabulary -- including crepes, cookie, and cake -- and has been a pill about eating normal food: he keeps demanding more sweets. It's a bad sign when tonight I was finally able to get him to eat some pizza for dinner and considered that a "healthy" meal (at least compared to the piece of chocolate he ate with breakfast -- it was the only way I could get him to eat oatmeal).

Here's Joseph decorating a Valentine's Day cookie (and a shot of Kiersten showing her powers of seduction at the end):



His wasn't quite as cool as his cousin Jonah's, though:



He had a great time with Grandma White, his aunts Lindsey and Kiersten, and his cousins.


4 comments:

Nancy said...

Will Joseph be my Valentine? Oh, wait! You guys already gave me a Valentine! Can't wait to see you! xo Nancy

To Love said...

Joseph dances just like his mother...I love seeing your mom reading to your baby. Post more pictures of your sisters. Isn't Lindsey due soon?

Crystal said...

Do you think its a problem that my child is wilder than your child on a sugar high when he has never had sugar in his life? I am afraid to find out what sugar will do to my child.

Kiersten White said...

Joseph on a sugar high = cutest thing ever.

My favorite part of the night was every time he would notice me at the end of the table, point, and laugh.

He's my favorite.