Monday, February 23, 2009

Triumph

Some of you may know that Joseph, like many children his age, is obsessed with the movie "Finding Nemo." We consider it a pretty grand success if we survive a day without Nemo (whom we refer to as "Voldemort" whenever in Joseph's presence, to avoid reminding Joseph about Nemo). Once Joseph gets it into his head that he wants Nemo, he'll go and start messing with the DVD player, knowing that this will get our attention.

We try other distractions -- we got "The Little Mermaid," hoping to trick him with fish, and we also try Planet Earth and other nature shows about fish -- but usually when we turn something else on, he continues to demand Nemo.

So, today, he started getting uppity and pushing buttons on the DVD player. Todd asked him, "What do you want," knowing that the answer was going to be "Nemo" but trying to at least get Joseph to verbalize his desires. Imagine our surprise when the response was a resounding: "Golf club!!!"

Todd was happy to oblige and he and Joseph sat together watching Phil win this last weekend's tournament. Later they worked on their swings on the balcony.

Todd said he could die happy today. And I wonder, if Todd died today, would I still take the Bar exam tomorrow?

6 comments:

Megan said...

oh Erin... may the force be with you.

Crystal said...

Somehow I can't see my Joseph sitting down to watch some track meet with Richard. Some college basketball we might have a chance...although my Joseph really doesn't sit for anything.

Kiersten White said...

No, you wouldn't have had to, but I'm glad Todd didn't die. I'm also glad your little boy is so freaking cute I can't stand it.

Todd said...

Crystal, I bet if you bought Joseph his own pair of short short running shorts, he'd watch track with Rich.

Todd said...

The issue wasn't whether Erin HAD to take the bar if I had died the before the exam, but whether Erin WOULD STILL take the bar the day after I had died.

I won't tell you my answer to that one, because even though she did start taking the exam today, I didn't die yesterday, so it's really a non-issue.

Nancy said...

Indeed, Todd, the issue is moot. Or at least not yet ripe.