Friday, October 31, 2008

No!

So, Joseph has started using that famous toddler word, "NO!", quite liberally right now.

What's funny is that he uses it in two very different ways. The first use is traditional; that is, he says "NO!" when he doesn't want to do something.

But the second is when he DOES want to do something, but knows that we'll say no. For instance, he'll drop food on the floor while looking at us and shaking his head and saying "NO! NO!"

Also, my favorite use of this breed of "No" was last night. We were moving (yuck) and so the front door was open for long periods of time while Todd and some stalwart ward members were moving furniture. Whenever the door was open Joseph would try to run outside but everytime he got close I would say, "No."

So then he spent a considerable period of time going near the door, pointing outside, and saying, "No! No! No!," quite despairingly. Eventually, of course, he would give into temptation and make a mad dash.

Funny boy. We need to teach him "Yes."

3 comments:

Kiersten White said...

Ha! I love him so much.

Whenever Jonah gets hurt or scared, as soon as I pick him up he starts crying and saying, "It's okay, it's okay, it's okay..."

Lindsey Bench said...

I tried to act out the situation with Keegan to show how cute Joseph was. It didn't work out like I planned.

Dev and Laur said...

Oh! I want to hear him talk!!!

I'll just have Lindsey act it out for me then...I'll appreciate it in way Keeg never could.