Sunday, October 5, 2008

Getting Smarter

During the last week or so, it appears that Joseph has turned a corner. It's hard to describe, but he now interacts and plays with things less like an infant and more like a little kid.

For example, the other day I said to Joseph, "Joseph pretend to be a businessman from the late eighties or early nineties." And this is what he came up with:



OK, so that's not really what I mean, but it gave us a good excuse to post these pictures. Joseph does like to put on my glasses and push buttons on the phone and wait to see what sort of noises come out of it.

He also really likes to play with remote controls. He knows that if he points the remote at the tv long enough and keeps trying different buttons something will happen. Usually, that something is Telemundo.

Maybe later I'll figure out how to explain what I meant about his playing with his toys like a little kid, but there is a much more concrete milestone to announce:

Today, Joseph reached full-blown velociraptor status. While mommy tried to get a quick nap, Joseph figured out how to open the bedroom door. He then proved it wasn't an accident by repeating it 5 minutes later.

So far I've only seen him open one of our doors, but all of our door handles are the same style, so it's only a matter of hours before he realizes that the bathrooms are no longer inaccessible.

Life just became a whole lot more interesting.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

He may be the cutest 16 month old ever!

Kiersten White said...

My kids NEVER play businessman from the late eighties or early nineties with me. Noah won't, either, come to think of it...

I know what you mean about starting to play with things less like a baby and more like a little kid though.

I love that little raptor.

Lindsey Bench said...

I want to gobble him up. In a really loving, and "I just love him so much I can't stand it" kind of way.