Monday, July 21, 2008

A Visit from Nonnie

Aunt Nonnie/Hoadus/Larvis/Lauren came for a visit last week. Lauren just finished her first year at BYU, where she is studying Elementary Education. Lauren is the most talented person with children that I have ever met and she will be a fantastic teacher. Kids love her, and she loves them right back. Nieces and nephews are no exception. My favorite morning was Sunday, when, by the time I came out of my room, Lauren had gotten Joseph up, given him a bottle, changed his diaper, and had him in his high chair happily eating breakfast. I wouldn't have known how to do that at nineteen ...

We had lots of fun; here are some pictures:


Dinner at Pizza Port in Solana Beach -- Joseph was less than thrilled with the wait.


Lena holding Joseph -- who is almost her size.

I was singing Itsy Bitsy Spider and Joseph was loving it.

We went to the Birch Aquarium. This picture belies Joseph's love for the aquarium and his love for Lauren. Not sure why he is looking so ambivalent ...

I was waiting to finish this post until I had gotten some cute pictures of Todd's computer, but soon my tribute to Nonnie will be completely outdated so I'll leave it to him to put up more pictures if he so desires. We love you Lauren!




Todd so desires.

Therefore, more Pictures:


--Looking at a scary fish--

--At the aquarium with mommy--

--Learning to slide with Lauren--

4 comments:

Kiersten White said...

Oh, I love Joseph. And Nonnie.

And I am so in love with that picture of Joseph. I'm tempted to steal it and put it on my blog. That's exactly what querying feels like.

Dev and Laur said...

thank you so much erin. That was so sweet. I love you and your family!

Mama White said...

Can't wait for you to post those cute pictures of Todd's computer! Are they of his laptop? Did he get any cute ones of the printer?

In the meantime, I am loving the cute pictures of my grandson--he is beautiful!

Kiersten White said...

AHEM...who never posts now?