Monday, July 7, 2008

Dancing Machine

Although he kept this talent largely hidden from the world for the first 11 months of his life, I am proud to announce that Joseph has inherited his mother's dancing skills.

I offer the following videos as evidence:

--Dancing in the tub (11 months)--

Lots of hip shaking and a glance at the camera that says, "I'm just getting warmed up." Very reminiscent of mommy's dancing.


--Dancing with the drum (12 months)--

Many of the dance moves in this second video are more subtle; mommy's dancing isn't subtle. However, pay attention to the great deal of head-bobbing, the occasional flailing of arms, and the attempt to sing along with our own version of the lyrics--all classic mommy dance traits.

Hopefully, I'll be able to dig up a video of erin's dancing to post here for a side-by-side comparison.

If Joseph ever shows signs of picking up my singing talent, we'll likely stop having children.

5 comments:

Kiersten White said...

He's so cute. So is Erin.

Harper Family said...

Joseph is a cutie!! I'm thoroughly intrigued to see your dancing :). I'm glad I found your blog.

Dev and Laur said...

Erin, don't even try to compare your son to yourself. No one can be compared to you when you dance. But he is very very cute.

Erin said...

lauren, TODD was doing the comparisons, not me.

it's sad because joseph will never live up to my example when it comes to dancing. but hopefully, he'll be a better athlete than i ever was. he's already totally awesome at golf.

Liz said...

Now that is great dancing! I bet Erin is a show-stopper on the floor if Joseph is learning his moves from her! :)