Saturday, October 2, 2010

MAJOR Milestone

This has probably been possible for a long time now since Audrey has always had a lot of hair, but today I officially discovered that I can give her little piggy tails. We'll still always love her headbands, but I am certainly excited about this development and celebrated by visiting Target to pick up some more hair clips and rubber bands (since, as is evident from this picture, I did not have matching clips until now). AWESOME.


By the way -- anyone have any recommendations for cute places to get hair clips? I am obsessed with babyblingbows.com for headbands (a girl from church introduced me, and I don't know what I would have done without them), but they don't do clips...

Not that it's necessary to do anything to this girl's awesome hair. It is so dang cute, although it is getting so long that it actually gets snarly in the back and we have to carefully comb it out after we bathe her. What kind of kid needs detangler at before hitting 7 months?!?



As her hair has gotten longer, I think the curl is getting weighed down a little bit. Todd recently discovered the solution to perfect ringlets: we just stick Audrey in the exersaucer in the steamy bathroom while we shower, and the steam perfects the curl. These are some pictures taken on the day Todd discovered and perfected the technique (and the day we were trying -- unsuccessfully -- to get some pictures of Audrey and Joseph in their Halloween jammies).



In addition to the hair, I will admit that dressing Audrey is a bit of a hobby/obsession for me. A recent favorite from last week. The picture does not do this outfit justice. These adorable jeans (Todd accused me of "pegging" them but it was just that they were too long) and a cute white top, but that wasn't the great part. She had these darling yellow, pink, and green shoes that Sam's parents sent us, perfectly matching socks, and of course, a perfectly matching head band. She was such a big girl. Of course, we went to a botanical garden on the hottest day of the year (it was literally the hottest day in L.A. since like 1880 or something), and she kicked off her shoe at some point and I had to wander around in the sweltering heat looking for it. She was probably trying to get back at me for putting her in jeans on the hottest day of her life. Anyway, I found the shoe.



Another good one -- this was for my sister Kiersten's book signing/release party when her awesome book came out. If you've read the book (and I hope you have), you'll understand why I dressed Audrey in hot pink and animal print.



Joseph and his cousins were looking pretty sharp at the book signing, too.


Last but not least -- Audrey is not without her fashion disasters. A few weeks ago, we went to the Wild Animal Park. Knowing that this would present photo opportunities, I of course dressed Audrey appropriately for the occasion. Unfortunately, en route to the park, she had a major blow out. We used to pack extra outfits for these kinds of occasions but have long since discontinued this practice, since blow outs are rare these days. So, I didn't have anything else to put her in. We had, however, started packing extra pants for Joseph since potty training him in case of accidents. So we stuck her in some of his shorts and she was good to go.



And yes, someone thought she was a boy. Though, that still seems hard to believe.

4 comments:

Lindsey Bench said...

I love the piggies! Also loving these posts and the many pictures.

Also, when meridith wants to do her hair curly, she doesn't wash it with shampoo, only conditioner.

Dev and Laur said...

Audrey is out of control. Honestly, is she always high or something? What is your trick to that unreal smile in EVERY picture!

Mama White said...

Oh those eyelashes! She takes my breath away! Loved the pictures of the cousins and sisters at the book signing. Good work, Er!

Nancy K. said...

Oh my goodness, she is so cute! I will send you some clips I am making for Miss Cate! They are easy--you can get the clips at any craft store, then bedazzle them with flowers or gems! All you need is a glue gun! I'll send you some so you can see how easy they are!

Last Saturday when Sam was at work and I was home I was looking in Cate's closet thinking that if she was here I would dress her up, take a picture, change her outfit, and take more pictures--that, if she were here, we'd have fashion show for ourselves while daddy was at work! I'm already obsessed and she's not even here!!