Sunday, September 26, 2010

Road Trip III: San Francisco

After our day in Monterey, we went into San Francisco. We explored around the pier and took a boat ride around the Bay to see the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz. It was really beautiful, but also very windy outside. Audrey couldn't keep her eyes open it was so windy, so we went back inside till the wind died down. Todd headed to the Flagship Apple Store in Union Square to get a case for the "I-Pad Mini" I got him for Father's Day (that's our clever name for an I-pod Touch), and we finished up the day by grabbing some Mexican food and cookies in the Mission District. Oh, well we actually finished the day by driving until 1 a.m. to get to our next destination, Eureka.

I love San Francisco, I do. I love that it is the closest thing to an old European city on the west coast that we have. There are many other things that I love about it. What don't I love, though? Well, let me tell you: All of the young hipster people there who think they are really, really cool. And they were all at the Mexican restaurant we were at, feeling really self-important and hip. But other than that, I do love San Francisco.






2 comments:

Lindsey Bench said...

the first picture of audrey not being able to keep her eyes open is priceless. it needs to be framed and placed beside your family picture at lauren's wedding.

Mama White said...

Still can't get over how much the kids have changed since your trip. And yes, Audrey's picture would be perfect next to your "Pirate Joseph" family photo.