Friday, May 22, 2009

Printer!; Fix it!

Today, Joseph removed the paper from the printer. This is nothing new.
The only reason Joseph does not remove paper from the printer is:

a.) he does not see the printer; or
b.) I have not replaced the paper back since he last removed it.

While making a phone call this morning, Joseph happily entertained himself near the printer. After I put him down for a nap, I found the following in the trays and crevices of the printer:


I have this dream that one day I'm going to get a printer with a hidden paper tray. Aesthetically, I think printers look better with the paper hidden, but now I have even more motivation to get one.

At some point a couple months back, I forgot to recover one of our electrical outlets with our plastic safety covers. The next morning, I stumbled across the following scene:



Joseph also loves to "fix it!"--which is his name for picking up my tools and getting into mischief.

It may be unclear from the picture, but this is how one properly uses a socket wrench to repair a pear.

Ever since he's been mobile, Joseph has enjoyed being my helper. We've assembled (or re-assembled since we moved) a lot of things together including: his crib, garage storage shelves, bar stools, a china hutch, closet shelves, curtain rods, and the porch swing.

Building stuff together usually takes a lot longer--especially since he still really doesn't like the sound of a power drill, so I have to use it on the sly--and I never quite know where the hex keys will end up, but I think we both enjoy our bonding time.


I also have the advantage of knowing that everything is sturdy and secure, because my helper stands on each part as it's being unwrapped or put together.

6 comments:

Kiersten White said...

I love your helper. He is the cutest.

Kiersten White said...

Also, I've been wondering how to fix my pears. Thank goodness--I was ready to get out the screwdriver. How embarrassing. Disaster averted thanks to Joseph!

Crystal said...

Other than the fact that 1/2 of this post was like a foreign language to me, I still laughed. I mean, what in the world is a hex key?

Mama White said...

Hey, if I had known he was so handy I'd have put him to work while he was visiting Grandma's house! Looking forward to the birthday post . . .

Dev and Laur said...

I like how my mom's comments always elude to the next post you WILL be posting.

Well, I thoroughly enjoyed this one, and am excited for a possibility that you may be putting up a birthday post in the near future :)

Nana said...

Be sure and have Joseph bring the socket wrench this weekend because we're planning on a trip to the farmers market