Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Pet Ant, or Why we don't need a dog

Joseph found a new friend.



Joseph was standing by the door giggling and saying "hand! arm!" so I went to find out what he was up to. When I saw the ant, I thought Joseph would get creeped out by something crawling on him, but he just kept talking and laughing

By the time I got the camera out, he had moved on to "poking. poking." I like at the end where he thinks about sharing a ball and then a book with the ant, but then decides he can't reach around that far.

Later, Joseph brought a dead ant to Erin. We're not sure if it was his pet or one of its cousins, but Joseph didn't seem to traumatized by the experience.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Please get your kid a pet immediately. A cat would be great...but a fish,a lizard a gerbil..anything will do.

I love his little voice - so cute!

Mama White said...

What Crystal said!

Nana said...

Remember, we have plenty of lizards in the backyard - shall I gift wrap one?