Wednesday, October 26, 2011

William Shadrach Goodsell


We welcomed sweet William into our family on August 7th. Todd and I love him, and Joseph and Audrey also love their baby brother like crazy. He is a sweet little thing.



We named him William because Joseph's suggestion that we name the baby Phil Mickelson didn't gain much traction.
His middle name continues our family tradition of names from literary heroes. In the Bible, Shadrach was wise, brave, and unwaveringly faithful in a challenging world. Shadrach is also a family name of a great-great-great-great grandfather who did a lot of things worthy of gaining a namesake.

I can't talk about William's birth without giving a huge shout out to Todd's parents, my mom, and my dear, dear friend Lauren. Todd's family stayed with Joseph and Audrey while I was in the hospital. Four days after William was born, Todd had to go to Indiana for two weeks. My mom and Lauren both spent time with me so that I did not totally lose my mind and I would not have survived without them! Many other good friends also helped with meals and babysitting and we were well taken care of.

Life has been pretty crazy with three kids (hence the severely delayed birth announcement), but we are sure a happy little family right now!


1 comment:

Mama White said...

I can't believe how much he has changed since birth. That was a fun time for me to get to be with you. Sure do love your (not so little anymore) family!